For the second time this year, Punta Gorda Police detectives and state investigators from the Division of Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco (ABT) Bureau of Law Enforcement teamed up for an enforcement sweep in the City of Punta Gorda targeting the sale of alcohol to minors. The operation included compliance checks of a total of 9 local commercial establishments within the City of Punta Gorda licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. All nine establishments checked where found to be in compliance.
Commercial establishments that were checked and DID NOT SELL ALCOHOL TO A MINOR:
- CVS 2400 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- Old Towne Convenience 311 W. Marion Avenue, Punta Gorda
- Circle K/Shell 3035 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- Antars Food Mart/Marathon 1002 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- PGI Liquor 615 Cross Street, Punta Gorda
- Sunoco 10001 Burnt Store Road, Punta Gorda
- Walgreens 3795 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- Circle K 3949 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda
- 7-11 1121 Bal Harbor Boulevard, Punta Gorda
This operation is the result of a continuing partnership between ABT and the Punta Gorda Police Department to curb the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors. The Punta Gorda Police Department, along with Drug-Free Charlotte County and ABT, will continue to work constructively with City retail establishments where violations occur to ensure that employees are educated regarding Florida law.
Chief Albert Arenal urges all individuals to report the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to law enforcement. Violations within the incorporated city limits of Punta Gorda can be reported to the Punta Gorda Police Department at (941) 639-4111. Operations such as the one will continue.