- By ASSOCIATED PRESS
- Posted August 6, 2013 at 5:49 a.m., updated August 6, 2013 at 6:30 a.m.
PORT CHARLOTTE — A 20-year veteran of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office was shot to death Monday night in an apartment complex.
Cpl. Michael Wilson was responding to a domestic disturbance when he was fatally shot at the Lakes of Tuscana Apartment Homes on Veterans Boulevard, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reports.
Charlotte deputies, with assistance from Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office SWAT officers, entered an apartment and found the shooting suspect dead. An investigation continued through the night.
Officials say Wilson, 42, joined the department in June 1992. He leaves behind a wife and three children, NBC2 reports.
Southwest Florida Police Chiefs Association
PO Box 1209
Fort Myers, Florida 33902
a Florida 501(c)(3) corporation
- Statement from the IACP on the Attack and Violence at the U.S. Capitol
- IACP Statement on the Assault on the U.S. Capitol
- Enhancing Law Enforcement Response to Victims (ELERV) Strategy, Second Edition Release
- 2020 IACP Leadership Awards Blog Series: Transportation Safety
- 2020 IACP Leadership Awards Blog Series: Safety & Wellness