Developing School Threat Intelligence
“Many officers said they felt the most effective means of preventing school shootings is to identify people who are a threat to perpetrate such terrible acts before they actually carry them out.” -Policemagazine.com (May 2018, pgs 8-9), How Would You Make Schools Safer?
While the era of “see something, say something” is upon us and legislators debate new laws, School Resource Officers must grapple with how to identify and prevent school threats. Dynamic Instruction has developed easy to follow strategies for gathering intelligence of the At-Risk youth by identifying targeted behaviors and certain activities as a tool for prevention. Early monitoring coupled with intervention allows the SRO to stay abreast of the At-Risk youth population on their campuses. SRO and Stakeholder Participants will experience an interactive training driven by leading research. Participants will be able to implement training upon returning to their campus. Training is provided by a national trainer with experience as an educator of Exceptional Student Education (ESE) and behavioral therapist; with over 20 years’ experience working with At-Risk youth, their families and the communities in which they live.
Training will include:
- Characteristics of Generation Z
- Incorporating research-based strategies for connecting with today’s youth (Generation Z)
- Effective positive techniques for the behavioral challenges of students
- Processes and procedures for creating and documenting student profiles for prevention and intervention
- Evaluating the effects of societal moral decline and changes of the family units
- Becoming an active leader as a comprehensive resource
- Implementing Ideas and resources to educate and counsel all stakeholders
- Recognizing targeted behaviors and warning signs
- “See Something, Say Something” and “noticing skills”
- Adolescence and mental health issues
- “Road map” processes, strategies and techniques
- Evaluating leading research, statistics and case studies on school violence
- Leadership roles in character building of today’s youth
- Promoting positive campus environment
- Developing social/emotional intelligence
Target Audience: School Resource Officers, Deputies, and School Administrators.
Length: 1 Day (Certificates will be provided for your training files)
Location: Hendry County Emergency Operations Center, 4425 W. State Road 80, Labelle FL.
Date & Time: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 8a-4p
Register Here: Dynamic Instruction
Payment options: Agency Purchase Order, all major credit cards, or check made payable to Dynamic Instruction