“The Danger Zone” focuses on officer safety, how to interpret verbal and non-verbal cues that can indicate aggression and how to respond to survive the encounter. Actual case studies provide analysis of aggressive behavior indicators leading up to physical attacks on law enforcement officers.
This is a FREE 2-hour class offered to all law enforcement, corrections, fire and emergency medical personnel. There is a Train-the-Trainer course offered for certified law enforcement trainers. An online version of “The Danger Zone” is under development.
- Non-Verbal Indicators of Aggression
- Verbal Indicators of Aggressive Behavior
- Fight or Flight Response
- Recognizing the Threat and Preventing an Attack
- Establishing Rapport and De-escalation
- Officer Safety and Survival.
Friday, November 15, 2013, 2:00-4:00 PM
To attend, everyone must preregistered through the SWFL Public Service Academy between September 9-November 1, 2013.